Ronda Tutt's Reviews > Blood Moon

Blood Moon by Jae Lynne Davies

Jul 17, 2012

bookshelves: erotic, paranormal-romance
Read from July 15 to 17, 2012

Creatively Written & Sizzling Hot!

Wow, I am always blown away when authors use some type of legendary Myth in their story telling and this one is definitely at the top of my list to love. With the twisted combination of the Paranormal World of Vampires and Shifters along with the Mythological decedents from Hades and Persephone this makes for one exciting, interesting, and gratifying mysterious story.

This second installment continued from the first story Mythic is astounding, the story flowed at a fast pace and was more addictive after each turn of the page. I was truly hypnotized with the plot of the story and wanted more in the end.

In Mythic we had learned that Gianne had sacrificed her love with Nicholas to save him and his family any torment or evil wrath from Mattias. So when going in to read this story I kind of dreaded reading about the union of Mattias and Gianne but the union was bitter sweet as Gianne gained a knowledge that had been kept secret from her all these years about her parents and about what kind of creature Mattias really was therefore there was no bond made between them. This little revelation gave me hope that Gianne would come to her senses and leave Mattias and be with the Man she really loved.

But not so fast, the great things about stories is the talent the authors put in their writing to add more drama and addict the reader further into the story and this my friends is what happened. The story intensifies as the main characters of the story (Mattias and Gianne) do not become the sole focus of the story. No, a secondary character “Dante” (Vampire) steals the show with his jealousy and deceit. He has alternative plans for Gianne whether she likes it or not.

We learn of Dante’s Mythological background and his magical powers he is meant to inherit from his ancestors as he brings back the fierce warriors from the past to be a part of his army as he takes over the world. We witness his blind sight to the true love (Allyn) that is staring him in his face until it is almost too late in the end. Mythical shape shifters are introduced in the book adding to the paranormal world building as well.

I have to say that I couldn’t stand Dante’s personality and was truly hoping that Gianne would just take him out quickly but Gianne isn’t like any other friend, she remains her hardcore and independent self and she has a keener insight into things that others do not see such as the true potential of the person. She is truly a genuine friend to have.

Once again, the author’s erotic scenes are sizzling hot and exciting. I especially like the dream Gianne had about Dregan (Were-Lynx) – so hot!

After reading this story I hated Mattias even more and throughout the whole story I kept waiting for Nicholas to show up and fight Mattias for Gianne but that never happened. No, Nicholas didn’t even make an appearance in the story until the very end and boy was it so rewarding, yet leaving the reader with more questions as the story is once again left with a cliff hanger.

No happy ever after for Gianne in this story folks, only for Dante and Allyn. No we get a cliff hanger about Gianne’s genetic make-up and another upcoming adventure that Nicholas will be a part of. Boy I am addicted. I will totally be Jones-ing for the next book. I only have one wish to make to the author and that is if Mattias is to be a part of Gianne’s eternal life, please let it include Nicholas and make the story a ménage and HINT HINT – Add some Anal action to the erotic scenes.

Excellent Read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Moon.