Arlene's Reviews > Inbetween

Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: arc, read-2012, ya-paranormal, young-adult, series-won-t-finish
Recommended to Arlene by: Itching for Books Blog Tour
Read from August 11 to 19, 2012

They say the dead can't sleep, can't dream. But as I stood there lost with wanting, I couldn't help but wonder when I was going to wake up.

Wow! What a pleasant surprise and huge shocker considering I've never thought to pick up a book about reapers. So glad I was invited on this blog tour because I truly enjoyed Inbetween by Tara Fuller.

Never have I thought I'd fall this hard for a reaper. I mean how can you drool or squee over a guy that wields a scythe and transports souls to their next destination point? What's intriguing about that? HA! Well, leave it to Tara Fuller to create a unique cast of characters and a well paced storyline that had me hooked from the prologue all the way to the last page. I mean, I was so engrossed in the story that when I stumbled from one sentence to the "Acknowledgements"... I was like NOOOOO!! Not because there was a painful cliffy, don't get me wrong I want more, but I was really drawn into Fuller's storytelling. Well done!

So let me tell you a little bit about this book. Inbetween introduces us to four reapers - Scout, Easton, Anaya and Finn. Their job is to transport fallen souls to their next stopping ground which can be Heaven, Hell or somewhere Inbetween. For the last two years, Finn has gone against the rules of his role and risked his existence to protect a girl's soul from an evil reaper named Maeve. See these three souls all met once before where Finn made a decision that determined Emma's fate and earned her an enemy from the Inbetween. So when Maeve exacts her revenge on Finn through Emma, he and his band of reapers combine forces to set things right.

Overall, I loved how Fuller paced her novel. There were so many layers to this story that she developed and executed with precision. It never felt rushed, but when secrets were revealed and actions were set in motion, it was like being glued to a movie where I was left sitting at the edge of my seat.

Also, I have to give credit where credit is due. Tara Fuller might incorporate the concepts of Heaven, Hell and the Inbetween, but there's nothing religious or philosophical about her setting. In fact, it's merely that - a place to execute her plot. No hidden agendas or personal opinions - just straight up storytelling with her own unique element of awesome.

I can't wait to read her next book where we hopefully get to see what happens with Cash as he recovers from his own encounter with the reapers. He surely wasn't left unscathed and I'm eager to see how it all plays out.

So, if you're looking for something different coupled with a layer of splendid, give Inbetween by Tara Fuller a try. You won't regret it.

winter haven books
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbetween.

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Oh, this looks good. Give us an update when you have time!

Arlene Jennifer wrote: "Oh, this looks good. Give us an update when you have time!"

You got it! I'm part of a blog tour so you'll definitely see a review from me. :)

Amber I loved this! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

♥Rachel♥ I really enjoyed this one too. Can't wait to see what you've got going on the blog with this. :)

Wendy Darling Wow, you and Rachel AND Amber loved this! Must investigate.