Wendy Owens's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jul 24, 12

Read from July 17 to 24, 2012

This is one of those books you will just devour! I picked up the book on July 17th but for several days I had trouble actually finding time to read it. This morning, July 24th I decided I needed to make some time to read it. The plan was set. I would read for about an hour this morning and get a good jump on the book. I cracked open the pages and before I knew it three hours had flown by and I was halfway through the book.

Pausing to take care of my mommy duties, preparing lunch, and supplying the kiddos with fun activities I at last sat down to write some on my third book in the Sacred Bloodlines Trilogy, The Prophecy. This however did not go well! After several minutes trying to reread what I had written yesterday I couldn't stop my thoughts to wondering to Obsidian. I had to read just a little more. Four hours later I am wondering what happened to my day but feeling thoroughly satisfied I finished Obsidian... well, not exactly satisfied. Now I am eagerly waiting the 2nd book, Onyx. I just have to know what is going to happen with Katy and Daemon's relationship.

My Personal Review:

The best thing about this book by far? Character chemistry! Jennifer does an amazing job at almost instantly creating friction between Katy and Daemon. There were several instances where their conversations left me with a huge grin on my face.

Katy moves to a small town with her mother. The fresh start is one that leads to some pretty major excitement. I really liked that Katy was strong minded and independent but with that there were also times she needed rescuing. In no way was she weak mind you. Katy could just as easily turn the tables and be the one doing the rescuing. This give and take really helped strengthen her and endear her as a character right away to me.

Then there is Daemon. Other than the fact that it is super sweet he is so protective over his sister, Dee, he is a hunk. Hopping around a little, let me touch on Dee. She reminded me of Alice from Twilight; sweet and innocent. OK, now back to the hotness that is Daemon. What is it about the sarcastic boys that always get me. I think he has an amazing talent for being snarky while adding a flirtation in the there. As a girl you just can't help, but be intrigued by a boy like that. Then there is the fact that he also has all the traits looks wise that makes my toes curl. The dark waves of hair, muscles that won't stop, a devious grin, and wicked green eyes.

As far as the story goes, Jennifer did a great job keeping the mystery and intrigue there for the reader while she delved into the alien background. Once things did start unfolding and revealing themselves the action was non stop. This book is an absolute must read! I am looking forward to the next one.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.