Heather's Reviews > Fall For You

Fall For You by Cecilia Gray

Jul 17, 12

Read in July, 2012

If you love Jane Austen, especially Pride and Prejudice, this a great light contemporary retelling of the story. Although it's brief and the romance is light as well as the drama, it's a perfect read for a couple of hours of enjoyment. I could see all of my favorite characters (especially because the names were kept the same) but the relationships were different. The setting was a private boarding school in California instead of Regency England but the troubles were still the same. Dante aka Darcy was the same in the beginning as he was in Pride and Prejudice but he warmed to Lizzie as she did to him.

I loved the characters and their interactions, especially the four girls, Lizzie and Ellie who had been best friends and not exactly enemies but certainly not friendly with Anne and Emma. But the four came together with a common enemy. And four girls could not be more different. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out. I do want to point out that this is a very light, fun read and short at 123 pages so if you were ever scared off by Pride and Prejudice, you might want to give this one a try.

This was a very clean read and a great quick contemporary YA read.
Thanks to Cecilia Gray and AToMR Tours for a copy of the novel for review. I received no compensation for my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall For You.