Ashley Brown's Reviews > The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Jul 17, 2012

bookshelves: 00-classics-challenge, 00-111-sci-fi-books-to-read-before, 100-books-in-2012, science-fiction, classics, z-home-case1-shelf1
Read in August, 2012

Before I even begin this review.. you'll need this fish in your ear. I had heard a lot of things about this book before I even came close to picking it up, and now.. well, let's just say you need a certain sense of humor to appreciate this book.

I absolutely loved the complete and utter random chaos that seemed to be behind most of the humor in this book. It put me in mind of Monty Python in a way - silly names that were just pure nonsense, conversations that, while they are completely outrageous, you simply take in stride because they are so smoothly presented. This book is brilliant, but I can also see why others wouldn't like it.

Being said, I'm taking a trip to the The Restaurant at the End of the Universe very shortly, along with Arthur Dent, Trillian, Ford Prefect, and Zaphod Beeblebrox!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

05/12/2013 marked as: read