Rachel's Reviews > Fit2Fat2Fit

Fit2Fat2Fit by Drew Manning

Dec 27, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from July 17 to August 01, 2012

If I could, I would rate this book 2.5 stars.

I stumbled upon this book when looking at the e-book options at my local library. Having spent the past 4 years dropping over 50 pounds and keeping them off, I was interested in reading the perspective of a personal trainer who had never been overweight. It seemed much like an experiment A.J. Jacobs would do (who is one of my favorite nonfiction authors), so I was eager to read it.

Unfortunately, the book fell below my expectations. I didn't really learn anything insightful from this book, and I was disappointed that the author didn't spend much time reflecting on the challenge it took to begin a workout routine and eat more healthfully after gaining the excess weight. I would have loved to have read more of his struggles, and his introspection in finally understanding the challenges his clients face when they want to get healthy but have a long journey in front of them that requires patience and dedication.

I think individuals who are earlier on in their health and fitness goals will benefit more from this book. As someone who is now working to maintain rather than lose weight, I didn't gain much from reading it since it lacked the introspection I was hoping for. Those earlier into their health journey will appreciate this recipes and meal plans in the back of the book, many of which are also available online as well. All in all, the premise was great, but the author's execution was disappointing.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fit2Fat2Fit.