Earl Gray's Reviews > I've Got Your Back: Coaching Top Performers from Center Court to the Corner Office

I've Got Your Back by Brad Gilbert

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: artfully-living-life, coaching, organizational-development
Read in September, 2004

One of the first coaching books I read. Gilbert is a master of setting the stage for the players he is coaching to do their absolute best work. His focus and concentration of them is remarkable, and the way he prepositions everything necessary for them to succeed is a model for everyone who works with people and wants to help them be remarkable, too.

Read this if you are a coach of any kind. Read it it you love athletics, competition, and especially the game of tennis. Gilbert tells the stories well, and this quote from the inside jacket cover tells you what you need to know to get you into it:

"I've got your back.

If it was four in the morning, and my guy called and said, "I need you to come over," I wouldn't ask what it was about. I wouldn't think twice. If its important enough for him to call me at that hour, its important enough for me to go. And whatever the situation was, we would figure it out."

Remarkable.

Read how he coached Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick - two very different players - to the #1 ranking in tennis.

There are so many crossover practices and principles that you will be able to put into play in whatever you do, and whoever you do it with - individually, or organizationally.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Back.