Tara's Reviews > Bitter Is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office

Bitter Is the New Black by Jen Lancaster

819580
Feb 09, 2009

bookshelves: read-in-2009
Recommended to Tara by: Jill Goudreau
Recommended for: the loud girls I know with senses of humor
Read in January, 2009

I love Jen Lancaster because she's hilarious. I'm sure I like her better today than I would have when she was a VP. I think that's kind of the point of the book. It's a personal journey. But, in the meantime, it's has me laughing in my seat on the train. It's also kind of the American dream - she's getting filthy rich off of her ability to tell her life stories in the funniest way possible. And that's awesome!

I read Pretty Fat first, so I knew I liked the "new Jen" before I met her in this book. Maybe that was an advantage. By the end of the book, I was excited to read Bright Lights. I'm going to take a little break from her though to spread out the insanity. That and I usually read her books on the train and I know if the same people see me cracking up like that all the time, they're going to start looking at me funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitter Is the New Black.

01/07/2009 page 25