Augusta's Reviews > The People of Forever Are Not Afraid

The People of Forever Are Not Afraid by Shani Boianjiu

Aug 10, 12

Read from July 17 to 22, 2012

It's not very often you get a female's perspective on war in literature but this is probably one of the best books I read this year. THE PEOPLE OF FOREVER ARE NOT AFRAID follows 3 friends through their final year of high school and their time spent in the Israeli military. Powerful imagery, beautiful language, thought-provoking. There are repetitious bits and some changing perspectives that might throw some people off but I thought it helped add depth to the story. Don't miss this one.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The People of Forever Are Not Afraid.

Natalia i want to readdddddddddddd so badddd

Augusta It's released in mid-September - I'll reserve a copy for you if you want. It's sooooooo good :)

Natalia hmm maybe i'll wait for it to come out on kindle :/ my commute to work during rush hour on a crowded subway makes a one-handed, easy-to-turn "pages" kindle preferable....but I STILL LOVE ACTUAL BOOKS! don't judge me....

Lizfig gimmegimmegimme!

Augusta @Nat - definitely judging ;)
@Liz - I'll try to find an advance reader copy for you

message 7: by Korey (new) - added it

Korey I like things n stuff.

message 8: by Korey (new) - added it

Korey :)

Natalia Liz- you should read the advanced reader copy in the next week (cuz you have nothing to do, like finish your proposal or anything) and then give it to me! and i'll read it real quick while i'm in houston (cuz there aren't subways) and give it to korey. and it will be AWESOME. and all of this is totally doable and not at all impossible.

Lizfig Totally reasonable and not in the least bit unfeasible. But for realz, it just depends how fast an advance reader copy becomes available- I still read at night before going to bed... if I'm not drunk.

Natalia i'm so excited to see you guys! and talk about it through a very strange social medium! horray!

Augusta I have acquired a copy!

Natalia horray! let the games begin!

Lizfig weeeee!