Angela's Reviews > When You Give a Duke a Diamond

When You Give a Duke a Diamond by Shana Galen

Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: ebook, hist-romance, fiction, netgalley, romance, series
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
Recommended for: Romance, historical romance
Read from August 21 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

So the reason for the 5 star rating is because this was a completely different approach to the historical romance genre. Instead of the young girl making her entrance into the ton and being seduced/bartered off/caught with the rake of the ton this book changed it up by having the lead female being a well-known courtesan of the ton and the male lead was a man with little experience with that type of woman. Of course the two get thrown together by a series of small misfortunes by which without we'd have no book.

I really liked both MCs and thought they made a really good match. Juliette is exactly what Will needed to shake-up his very structured life. With her he found a partner to stand up to him, brighten up his day and love him unconditionally. She found the stability she needed and the promise of a family she craved. I also liked the secondary characters and can't wait to read their stories.

Anyone who loves historical romance knows Ms. Galen and knows she can write one hell of a book and this new series is no exception. Give it a try...you'll be glad you did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Give a Duke a Diamond.

08/21/2012