Helyce's Reviews > Messenger's Angel

Messenger's Angel by Heather Killough-Walden

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: dnf
Read in June, 2012

I really looked forward to reading Messenger’s Angel by Heather Killough-Walden. I have a thing for the fallen angel trope and this one seemed interesting even while similar to others out there.

Messenger’s Angel is book two in this series. In book one, Uriel finds his archess, so the archangels now know that these archesses really do exist and the remaining archangels are ever hopeful that they, too, may at last find the one woman created especially for them. In this book, Gabriel is featured and when he realizes that Juliette Anderson is his archess he of course does everything he can to make her his. This story, in and of itself, is not bad and initially I liked it. You have the usual conflict with the bad guys, you have Gabriel, who while trying to win over his archess, does all the wrong things and you have the other archangels who are there trying to help him out because if Gabriel can win over his archess, there is hope that they too will find their one and only.

What really ruined this book for me, though, was the author’s writing style. Just as a scene was getting interesting or information was being provided to further the story along, there’d be a break and it’d move to one of the side stories. It was choppy and frustrating and it really began to hinder my comprehension to the point that I couldn’t follow it. I read through to page 266 before I gave up. I found I was spending too much time trying to keep so many different story lines straight that there was no clear flow and I just couldn’t fall into the story as I normally do.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Messenger's Angel.