Andrew Nettleman's Reviews > Clear and Present Danger

Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy

Jul 17, 12

Read in June, 2012

Tom Clancy never disappoints. I have decided to go back and go through the Jack Ryan series in the Chronological order of the story's events, rather than the order they were released and it is like I am getting to know an old friend all over again.

When Columbian Drug Lords assassinate the director of the FBI on the street of Bogota,the CIA and the president (without the knowledge of Acting CIA Intelligence Chief Ryan) decide to take extraordinary action.

Chavez, Ryan and Clark take center stage for portions of this book and whenever all three are featured at the same time you know you are in for a ride.

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clear and Present Danger.

Lauren Smith Excellent review! This is one of my top Clancy reads that I enjoy each summer :}. Another excellent thriller I just finished is entitled, “The Masada Protocol” by author Lee Broad. This a fiction thriller novel based in Israel in which a former black ops officer has taken on an intelligence assignment that takes him into a Middle East conspiracy that he must solve along with the help of a beautiful under cover agent from the Mossad. http://www.leebroad.com/

message 2: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Hall Lauren, I'm not a Tom Clancy fan but I like the idea of reading back through a favorite series in chronological order (of the events). I'd happily do that with my Lee Child "Reacher" books. I own the entire set and never get tired of them.