Bethany's Reviews > Anne of Ingleside

Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read in July, 2012

This is the first Anne book that is written in the time were Anne has children and through the pages you get to known all six of them quite well! I really enjoyed this book since it had a homey feeling, it was about Anne and her family and I was always smiling and her childrens humorous quotes and stories. This book focuses primarily on the childrens adventures, and mind you, since they are young children they have quite a few scrapes along the way, making for a quite interesting read. :) I loved this book and would definitely recommend it! It was nice to see a twist in focused characters since Anne was the main character for several of the books, and though she is still in this book a lot, it focuses on the next generation. I loved seeing Anne's mothering character coming out through the book. It was so nice to see how Anne handled things such as disciplined and correction since I had read how she was once the one in the scrapes herself, but to see her grow and be the corrector was interesting and made the book feel more real since you know the background.

~This review is to be published on my my ministry blog in August for my monthly book review post.~
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Ingleside.