Lisa's Reviews > What a Boy Wants

What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

Jul 18, 12

Read from July 17 to 18, 2012

What a Boy Wants is all sugar and gumdrops! It was such a sweet book! So sweet you want to hug it and curl up with it on the couch and cuddle! Ok, you get the picture....sweetness and butterflies! Moving on...

I was expecting to like this book and I did. I have to admit though, I bought the book because the boy on the cover is just so darn cute! Yes, I can admit to that! Again, moving on....

Nyrae Dawn wrote the entire book from Sebastian’s POV. This was a good move on her part because she did it well! Bastian’s voice is so clear and distinct it instantly transported me back to high school. I loved being reminded of first loves and how many stupid mistakes came along with it. What a Boy Wants is fast paced, cute, quirky, witty, romantic, funny and is a perfect read if you are looking for “fluff”. I loved Sebastian’s journey in discovering that he is in love with one of his BFFs. I love how he mentally assessed things and broke them down. Such a guy! Alas ladies (and perhaps some gentlemen), do not fret, it works out in the end and we get an HEA.

I was originally going to give this book a 4 star rating; however, this line made me change my mind:

“Our lips moved together perfectly. A perfect match. Because we had skills like that.”

I love it. That is something I would have said back in the day. Heck, I would still say something like this.

Another reason for my 5 star rating is the following:

Aspen pulled far enough of way to look me in the eyes. “You have a big heart, Sebastian Dale Hawkins.”

“Shh, don’t tell anyone that either.”

“Your secrets are safe with me.”

I buried my face in her hair, to hide from the seriously mushy words that were about to come out of my mouth. “And your heart is safe with me.”

See, I would not steer you wrong... sugar pops and angels people! READ THIS BOOK!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Boy Wants.

Quotes Lisa Liked

Nyrae Dawn
Nyrae Dawn, What a Boy Wants

07/17/2012
50.0% "This book is sheer cuteness!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabel (new) - added it

Isabel Sigh... one more into my "to buy list" :)

Lisa Isabel wrote: "Sigh... one more into my "to buy list" :)"

hee hee

message 3: by AJ (new) - added it

AJ Sugar pops and angels, hey? Alright, will bump it up the tbr for when I need some fluff. Great review!

Lisa AJ wrote: "Sugar pops and angels, hey? Alright, will bump it up the tbr for when I need some fluff. Great review!"

LOL! Thanks AJ. Yup, it's a sweet read. the main character is hilarious. Loved him! Def. a great read when you're in the mood for something sweet and light. I needed it after Z's story. :) I'm still processing that one.

I'm reading the 2nd book right now and that is a little more serious.