Starr Griggs's Reviews > Derailed

Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Dec 08, 12

Read from December 03 to 07, 2012

My Thoughts: Occasionally I find a book that surprises me, sometimes making me glad I’m a book reviewer. This was one of those books. I know that I probably never would have discovered this book or this author any other way. I’m glad for the occasion.
I was immediately pulled into the mystery of what happened to Adam and why she blamed herself. I knew he was dead, but was unsure of what part she played in it. But that wasn’t enough to keep me reading. The main character, Molly, did that. Sometimes she was annoying with her denial and secrets. But it wasn’t overbearing. I really felt for her, because she was obviously struggling but trying to survive. I like Clayton Falls and find that it would probably be a cool place to visit. But everyone knowing everything or wanting to know everything would drive me crazy.
There were two –very different- guys who were interested in Molly, but it was clear that she was only interested in one of them. So there wasn’t much of a triangle, but I can’t say that she made the right choice. I can’t say that she didn’t either. For the most part, I like him. There were a couple of quirks/traits of his that Molly found comforting, but I found kind of disturbing. In the back of my mind I kept thinking he was going to go too far and do something twisted. But alas, not in this book at least.
Derailed was a fun and a quick to read. The characters were well-developed and the plot engaging enough.
3 Stars ***
What's Next: Veer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Derailed.

12/06/2012
75.0% "It is books like this that makes me enjoy reading and feel lucky to be a book reviwer"