Kelly's Reviews > Enslave

251943
Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, erotica, paranormal-romance, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012
Read from July 18 to 23, 2012

I like this series A LOT. I like that the vampires are sexy and arrogant. I like the werewolves that we've met. I have to admit, though, that I LOVE the introduction of the fae. It makes this world feel like it's expanded exponentially and that there's so much still that we haven't seen. I love it when an author takes me on a ride that I wasn't expecting. I feel like a kid at Christmas now. Surprises EVERYWHERE!

Andreu and Varya's story is a little different from the others. Andreu is only at Vampirerotique short term as a favor to his brother. He's learning the ins and outs of how he wants to run his own business and he's not interested in being bound to a woman. Then Varya drops into the theatre and he's a goner. For her part, Varya is entranced by Andreu from the first. She is drawn to him and she breaks all the rules of her kind to see him again. You have to respect a girl who is willing to defy tradition for a little man candy.

There were parts of this story that flayed me. I kept looking for a way that the two of them would be able to get out of their predicament whole and intact and I couldn't see it. Felicity Heaton's ability to weave a story that is equal parts wrenching, sweet, and sexy is outstanding. I'm very excited to see the rest of the cast get their happy sexin' time. Very.Excited.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enslave.