Sarah's Reviews > Worlds Unseen

Worlds Unseen by Rachel Starr Thomson

Nov 21, 2012

bookshelves: free-on-kindle, on-my-kindle, homeschool-author, 2012-reads
Read from August 06 to September 03, 2012

I normally do not read fantasy, but this year it seems I have stumbled into a rare breed of fantasy that I like; non-magical fantasy. After reading Truth and The Tiphereth Trilogy, I decided I was willing to try Rachel Thomson’s Seventh World Trilogy. I was not disappointed.

This whole series is nothing like I expected it to be. Although an allegory, Rachel went beyond the typical to make an extraordinary tale that not only was captivating, but gave some deeper insight into our faith. Without giving too much away, the allegory focused more on the beginning of the Bible.

The only thing that kept me from giving it five stars was that there were some pretty intense and dark moments in the book. The dark didn’t overshadow the good, and Rachel did well at not making it too dark, but it was very intense at points.

Rachel’s writing style is nothing short of lyrical. I reread many portions and read some of them aloud, just because they sounded amazing. I can see this as wonderful book to read aloud as a family. Rachel has what many traditionally published others struggle to obtain -- a unique and compelling writing style.

The story itself kept me on the edge of my seat. In fact I read the whole series in a little over a week while I was sick. It is a real page-turner and took many unexpected twists. The relationships that develop were nothing like what I expected in the beginning. It was so refreshing to read a book that didn’t turn out like I thought it would at the beginning.

I highly recommend this whole series those who love non-magical fantasy, allegories, adventure stories, and those looking for a book that is anything but normal.

You can get a free e-book or buy a paperback copy at Amazon, Barns and Noble, Smashwords, iTunes, and Kobo
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worlds Unseen.

08/06
22.0% "fascinating, captivating, page turner. Can't wait to read more!"
05/27 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Gwen (new) - added it

Gwen Johnson Iliked your review because of your insight regarding this book. I'd like to ask you how to get a free ebook so that I might be able to read this series as well. Thank you. You can email me Gwen Johnson at: gwenonia58@gmail.com. The review was about Worlds Unseen. I've read Peretti and his books are great. Have you read any of his books? I have all of his earlier books that show the spiritual world in graphic detail but also encourage us to pray.

Sarah Gwen wrote: "Iliked your review because of your insight regarding this book. I'd like to ask you how to get a free ebook so that I might be able to read this series as well. Thank you. You can email me Gwen Jo..."

Gwen,

No, I haven't read any of Peretti's books, although some of his are on my to-read list.

The ebook is always free on Amazon: www.amazon.com/Worlds-Unseen-Seventh-...

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

message 3: by Gwen (new) - added it

Gwen Johnson Thanks a lot for your help. Piercing the Darkness is by Frank Peretti and there is another book which completes the series, only two books. I read them years ago but I am sure you will like them.

Sarah I will make sure to read them soon.