Jessica's Reviews > The Prayer Room

The Prayer Room by Shanthi Sekaran

Aug 08, 2012

it was ok
Read from July 17 to August 02, 2012

I was very, very bored with this book. The subject matter SOUNDED like something I might be interested in, but in the end the story just fell totally flat for me.

Every now and again I came across a line that I found striking; it was not the author's writing that I objected to, but the story just didn't do it for me. I honestly didn't care even a little bit what happened to any of the characters. I continued to read because I hate starting a book and not finishing it, and it's the rare book I find so truly horrid that I can't make myself keep reading. This was not one of those truly horrid ones, but I just was not at all invested in the story and breathed a sigh of relief when it was over and I could move on.

Again, the author's writing was not the problem, so it's possible she will write another novel that I can enjoy more, but this one only gets 2 stars from me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prayer Room.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Shanthi Sekaran
“Like most children, she came into the world assuming everyone was good, and spent the rest of her life discovering otherwise.”
Shanthi Sekaran, The Prayer Room