Amy A's Reviews > Too Good to Be True

F 50x66
Jul 17, 2012

liked it
Read from July 17 to 18, 2012

This was a cute and quick read typical of Kristan Higgins. Whenever I want to get away from really serious / dark books I know that I can count in Higgins to deliver with heartfelt light reading with a humorous twist.

Grace, single, 30 year old teacher was dumped by her fiancee 3 weeks before their wedding. It turns out he was in love with her younger sister Natalie. In order to get everyone to stop looking at her in a pitying way asking if she's ok, she falls back on a tried but true coping mechanism. She makes up a boyfriend. While trying to abate her family's concern, she meets her new neighbor a gruf and manly carpenter who, it turns out, has a very interesting past.

Like I said it's a typical Higgins novel. I felt bad about what happened to Grace, but I also admired that Higgins writes characters who don't wallow the whole book. They are actively trying to move on with their lives and always look on the brighter side instead of writing characters who are moody and depressed the whole time.

I would recommend this book to anyone who's read others by Higgins and if you just want to read something light and fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Good to Be True.