Beth's Reviews > Three to Get Deadly

Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich

Jul 17, 12

Read in July, 2012

Finished it within 24 hours. Quite a few good wisecracks in this one. Enjoyed the team antics of Lula (a former prostitute, now an apprentice bounty hunter) and Stephanie. There is a lot more of Lula in this one. She's hilarious in an annoying way.

“I don’t want to think about him being gay,” Lula said. “Seems like anymore, all the buff bodies are gay, and all the bad-smelling, rangy men are straight. I find out Ranger’s gay and I’m going straight to the freezer section at Shop & Bag. Only men you can count on these days is Ben and Jerry.”
--Lula

I'm starting to like the quiet, mysterious Ranger more and more. Some great Ranger lines were, “You come from a long line of scary women” when he was invited to dinner at the Plum's house. He described himself best when he quoted “I come in like the fog on little cat feet” by Carl Sandburg. He got me right there!

The ending between Stephanie and Morelli left me on a high note. And Rex the hamster rocks!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three to Get Deadly.