Kathleen's Reviews > A Dark Kiss of Rapture

A Dark Kiss of Rapture by Sylvia Day

Jul 18, 12

Ok....what to say.

I loved "Bared to You," so I figured I would read some more of Ms. Day's books. "A Dark Kiss of Rapture," being a prequel, I wasn't expecting to become engrossed and honestly as much as I wanted to be, I wasn't. I enjoyed the book and the love scenes were hot but I can't give it five stars, I just can't. Truly, I don't believe it has anything to do with the writing. It has to do with the fact, lycans and vamps, they just don't really do it for me...especially in a prequel. Maybe if I would have had a little more time with the characters I would feel differently.

I keep reading these paranormal stories, hoping to be surprised and while most of them don't really interest me, Ms. Day's prequel was definitely one of the better ones. I really enjoy her writing no matter what she is writing about. If paranormal is your thing, great, you'll love this book. While I enjoyed it and again it was steamy, I don't believe I'll continue with this series.

Overall though, 4 stars, Ms. Day doesn't disappoint.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dark Kiss of Rapture.