Renee's Reviews > Bloody Bones

Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jul 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: death-murder, demons-ghosts-zombie, fairies-mermaids-angels, magic, scifi-fantasy, vampire, au
Read from July 17 to 21, 2012

** spoiler alert ** So I'm not sure I am really up to major reviews of Anita Blake books.

I loved that in this novel they go away from Saint Louis, and there are fairies and some pretty cool murders to solve.

I enjoy Larry, Jason and the sub characters like normal. I like Anita using her magic and the Bloody Bones story line while interesting could have been played up a bit.

My biggest issues were these

1) Anita, she is obnoxious I mainly just want her to get her ass kicked and put in her place.

2)Clothing- blah not only is the fashion horrible but why do I need to read a break down of what everyone is wearing in every god damn scene and why do vampires have a fetish with leather, straps and looking like 90's prostitues or pirates?

3) Vampires- Why is these books are all the vampires sick and twisted nut jobs? They almost all have a love for fear, pain, torture, rape or some other sick nastiness. You're telling me that when you become a vampire it just twists you into a crazy lunatic that wants to hurt and fuck over everyone? Why can't we just have a normal non game playing vampire? For me this series is kind of anti vampire because all of them are made to be monsters. Even the "good" ones have severe issues.

I honestly think LKH has some issues that instead of dealing with she puts into her books, especially in regards to sex.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloody Bones.

07/18/2012 page 182