Book Him Danno's Reviews > Tessa Masterson Will Go to Prom

Tessa Masterson Will Go to Prom by Emily Franklin

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from July 17 to 22, 2012

I picked this up at my local library without reading the back. When I started reading I realized what the book was about and thought, ‘OK I’ll give it a few more pages.’ Well I’m glad I did. This book will make you laugh, it will make you cry and it will make you think about how you treat people who are not the same as you are. I really enjoyed this book and I think you will also.

Who said that we all have to be the same to get along? I hope no one because it isn’t possible for one thing and it would be extremely boring if it was. I like the difference in people it keeps things changing and it keeps me thinking. I am a every Sunday church going Christian and I have to say that people who use Jesus Christ as reason to hate and discriminate against others(for any reason under the sun) do not understand Christianity at all. Christ taught of love and non-judgment, he taught of peace and goodwill to all. He never taught of hate and discrimination, he never taught of bombing abortion clinics, or violent protests again homosexuals, Christ taught of patience, long-suffering, charity and most of all love. Not just love for those that are like us and easy to love, but for all people. Christianity is about love, not hate…..never hate.

This book made me really think about the way I treat those who are different from me….those who are from a different race, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, intelligence, value system, religion, and I have to say that I did not enjoy what I saw in myself. Work is needed on my part to be a true Christian and to truly follow Christ. Christ is love, don’t mix that up with right or wrong…..Love is all that matters in this world.

The authors may not have intended for this to be the theme of their work, but to me I had a hard time seeing anything else. Thank you for this book and the feelings it brought up in my heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tessa Masterson Will Go to Prom.

07/18/2012 page 102
40.0% "Not what I expected"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Eyehavenofilter Great review, and great re-view of how to be in touch with your heart. God is good! All the time!