Abbey Ann's Reviews > In Rides Trouble

Jul 16, 2012

bookshelves: 4-out-of-5, read-july-2012
Read on July 16, 2012

Also posted at http://abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com/

In Rides Trouble was a sexy, entertaining read. In the first book, I loved the interactions between Becky and Frank, and could not wait to read their story. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint! It has a great plot, incredible characters, and excellent writing.

Becky "Rebel" Reichert is the lead female protagonist. There was nothing I didn't like about her. She was spunky, independent, and took crap from no one - basically my perfect heroine. I loved the fact that she was tom-boyish one minute, and a girly girl the next. Her love interest, Frank, was unbelievably sexy, and extremely protective of Becky. I fell in love with the two characters in the first book, Hell on Wheels. In my opinion, they made the book. They were way better than the two protagonists, Ghost and Ali. Becky and Frank's constant bickering was what kept me reading it. I was worried that I wouldn't like them as much in this one as I did in the first, but I was completely wrong - I liked them a 100 times more.

Many of the characters that were present in the previous book, were absent in this one. I'm very glad of that because I found a lot of them to be irritating. With this book though, most of the characters were enjoyable. The ones I didn't care for, I found pointless and a waste of space. There was one who was a reporter (I don't remember her name), and I feel that she was basically useless. She didn't add anything to the story. The couple of times she showed up, it seemed like she was there just to cause unnecessary conflict.

In Hell on Wheels, I felt that the story was at times cheesy and unbelievable. Fortunately, I didn't feel that way with this one. There wasn't really any unrealistic scenes (or unrealistic compared to most romance novels). This novel was definitely better than the first. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys this type of book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Rides Trouble.