Darby's Reviews > Reunited

Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham

Aug 08, 12

Read from August 04 to 08, 2012

There was a lot that was wrong with this book. The dialogue was cheesy, the situations unrealistic, the characters were fairly two dimensional, but, somehow, I still enjoyed it.

This book is generally one that I wouldn't finish. It seemed like this book just couldn't make up it's mind where it wanted to go. It would occasionally inch towards being 'edgy', like referencing drugs or sex, but then it would quickly back away and topple back into PG rated territory. The dialogue was extremely forced and cheesy most of the time, which is usually the ultimate reason for me to put down a book.

And yet, I related to the story. It wasn't the characters or the hokey situations that got me, but rather their determination to see Level3 (whose 'lyrics' were another good reason for me to almost put down this book). I know there's quite a few bands I would travel across the country to see if they got back together, so it was that that kept me reading.

The underlying themes of the book, friendship and love of music, are both relatable for any teenager, and for those I'll say this book is alright, but the story and writing it comes in... not so much. If you're looking for a mindless book that'll occasionally make you cringe, this is your book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reunited.