Megan Lavey-Heaton's Reviews > An Invitation to Seduction

An Invitation to Seduction by Lorraine Heath

Aug 25, 13

bookshelves: romance
Read in July, 2012

This was a brilliant book, and it was such a refreshing read coming off the spate of mediocre books I just finished. I think I'm really starting to become a Lorraine Heath fan, as I not only read one, but two of her books last night.

In "An Invitation to Seduction," we get the pairing of two minor characters from Heath's other books. We initially see them as children, though because I read them out of order, I read Richard's story before seeing him as a child. The sensuality was just lovely throughout the book, though my only quibble has to do with Kitty's inner conflict. There's really nothing shown in this book how Kitty's parentage caused her life to be any less full than it was, and her birth mother received her own happy ending. Maybe the answers to why Kitty views her parentage the way she does lies in that book. But, there's nothing here to ever suggest that Kitty was ostracized for being adopted. When Kitty does finally reach out to her birth mother, there's no response or resolution there. It just hangs. It's the only reason this book doesn't get a full five-star rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Invitation to Seduction.