Kendra Malcom's Reviews > Winterborne

Winterborne by Augusta Blythe

7741960
Jul 16, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Oh my gosh, such an amazing book! Defintely fast paced, read in one day, but it's one of those that you do not want to put down!

By reading the synopsis you think that the story will be from Mia's point of view but it's actually from Loie's and I defintely think that made the story. Poor Loie has lost both of her parents and her grandpa in a very short amount of time and has been mostly raised by her bitter grandma who seems like she couldn't care less about her until she forgets to clean the bath tub. She spends all of her extra time with her best friend and when I say best, I mean it. The were born the same day, same time, and in the very same room. Mia's father even named her because her mom thought she was a boy and her father couldn't make it to the birth. It's only later in the story that you realize why all of this is so relevent.

This is one of those books that I can hardly talk about with out leaking spoilers because it is that intense and fast paced. I have to admit that I figured out early on that something fishy was going on when Mia was trying to work with Loie on harnessing her powers, but there were many jaw dropping moments that I literally said "Oh my gosh" or laughed out loud and my husband just looked at me like I was crazy. I am so glad that I already have the second book to this and I am going to start right after this review! If you like mythical creatures with some mystery and love in the mix then this is just the book for you! I will definitely be reading this one again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winterborne.