Sandy Wolters's Reviews > Tide of Lies

Author: Sarah Ballance
Genre: Romantic Suspense, Mystery
Length: Novella

The following is my July 24, 2012, 5 Star review:

TIDE OF LIES by SARAH BALLANCE is a follow up of FAMILIAR LIGHT. Tide Of Lies is a stand alone. It's not necessary to read Familiar Light first, but I highly recommend doing just that because I enjoyed Familiar Light as much as I did Tide Of Lies.

Julia Cohen has been getting disturbing notes. Detective Holden Whitlow is a lover from her past and a man she hasn't been able to get over in all of these years. Julia is sure these letters that she's been receiving have something to do with an ongoing serial killer case so she swallows her pride and goes to talk to Holden, whom she hasn't seen in ten years, when she is brutally attacked and left for dead. The letters disappear before Holden can see them. Did they really exist, or did her attacker take them?

Holden has never gotten over Julia, but never fully realized that what his seventeen-year-old heart was feeling for her at the time was love and not just sex. Now he's got a second chance to see if they have a future together but only if they can get past all the secrets from so long ago and only if he can keep her alive.

Tide Of Lies is a masterfully written suspense with beautifully seductive and sensual love scenes and several shocking twists at the end. I really like the flow of Ms. Ballance's writing, and I've become a huge fan. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough while reading this book. Just like Familiar Light, Tide Of Lies starts at a fast pace and picks up steam with each page. I devoured it. I couldn't put it down and highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tide of Lies.