Jim A's Reviews > Deep Down

Deep Down by Lee Child

Jul 16, 2012

it was ok
Read in July, 2012

A Lee Child Jack Reacher short story.

Reacher fans will want to read this just because it's Reacher. Anyone who has not read a Lee Child Reacher novel should not waste their money on this.

I can't really find anything about this short story to recommend it. Reacher is called from Germany to go undercover in a congressional hearing regarding a new sniper rifle. Military Intelligence thinks that there is a leak as to the specs of that rifle. Reacher's job is to find the leak.

There really is no plot to speak of. The first third of the story involves a woman jogging and a man driving a car, prior to their lives intersecting. At the same time Reacher is being briefed by Military Intelligence on his mission. Then there's the hearing and after that the end game.

I like short stories because they showcase an author's ability to develop and tell a good story quickly. This fails in the 'good story' category.

Then to top it off, I can't even pass this on to another Reacher fan, as it's not an Amazon 'loanable' eBook.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Down.

03/24 marked as: read

message 1: by Cathy (last edited Jul 20, 2012 03:46AM) (new)

Cathy DuPont I've read a couple of Child's Reacher series but wasn't as enthralled as some. They were ok but nothing I could find to get excited about. It would take a while to figure which ones they were to put in GR. May do when I have nothing else to do. Have some on my shelf now that I pass up for other books.