Kait's Reviews > What Kills Me

What Kills Me by Wynne Channing

Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: my-young-adult-fix, paranormal-love
Read from July 16 to August 12, 2012

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed What Kills Me a lot. I'll admit, I had a rough time in the beginning. I felt the opening was kind of dull and didn't grab my attention like I hoped it would. But once things starting getting interesting I was hooked. And then Lucas happened.

Lucas... I don't know what it is about that name. I've never met a Lucas I didn't like. And this one was no exception. Axelia, or Zee, was a good character who evolved a lot.. She was kind of weak at first, but she turned it around and became a total badass.

The action scenes were great, especially the final chapters. The betrayals and twists took me by surprise, which is unusual for me. And I was pretty satisfied with the ending. I would have liked a little more of the romance, but it didn't really take away from the story line.

I really liked this book and I will definitely be on the lookout for another book by this author.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Kills Me.

07/18/2012
30.0% "This will be a quick-easy read."
08/11/2012
50.0% "Back to it. Hoping to finish this tonight."

message 1: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews I need to read this one of these days. Have too many August ARC's to read!

Kait Me too! That's why I kind of put it on the back burner for now. I have nine days off to catch up, so I think I'll finish this within a week or so.

message 3: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews I need to catch up since I'm about ready to go back to medical training, again. Hopefully I can keep my blog, reading, and school work all in check.

Kait I completely understand. I'm glad I don't have school in the mix anymore, but it's hard enough with work & blogging[which really is a job too!] to keep up with all my books!

message 5: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews School is pretty much part time, so, I should be okay. It's not the first time at this particular rodeo.

Wynne Channing Hey Kait! Thank you for the review!!! Working on the sequel :)

Kait A sequel! I didn't want to hope, but I definitely wasn't through with Lucas yet! Awesome. Thank you again.