Lisa (Bookworm Lisa)'s Reviews > Fall For You

Fall For You by Cecilia Gray

Jul 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, received-to-review, young-adult
Read on July 16, 2012

It's not a secret that "Pride and Prejudice" is one of my all time favorite books. I love it. Jane Austen was a master story teller.

I also enjoy the retellings. Anything that is in the spirit of Jane Austen and is written well will be a win for me.

Lizzie is the editor of her school paper. She happens to go to Jane Austen Academy. It was previously and all girls school. This year it is under new ownership and is now co-ed. While most young women would be thrilled with this development, Lizzie is not. This is more competition for a scholarship that she has been working for. Not to mention that there is talk of changing the name of the school.

Her nemesis is Dante. The attractive, rich, and reclusive new student. While his stand-off attitude is a deterrent, there is something about him that she finds herself being pulled to.

This book does have humor. Of course, it isn't Jane, but it is great for todays world. I think teens would have an easier time understanding this book and it may spark an interest in the classic.

It's clean, quick, and fun to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall For You.