Sid Frost's Reviews > Reunion

Reunion by Lauraine Snelling

Jul 16, 12

Read in July, 2012

This story begins with two happy families. Keira and Bjorn Johnston, who have two sons living away from home, are about to celebrate their twenty-fifth anniversary with their first trip to Norway. The other family, Leah and Marcus Sorenson, live in the same block as the Johnstons. They have two sons living outside the home and a daughter Kirsten who is a high school senior who lives at home.

Marcus, the pastor of a local church, is Keira's brother. Leah is Keira's best friend, and Kirsten is like a daughter to Keira. Leah, a nurse, works some nights at the city's residential care facility. Bjorn has his own insurance company and Keira is the office manager.

The only sadness for the two families is that Marcus and Keira's mother died from cancer about a year ago. It is time to prepare for the annual family reunion and this will be the first one without their mother. Still, all in all, they have much to be thankful for.

Kirsten is graduating from high school just before her eighteenth birthday and she and her boyfriend Jośe have great college scholarships and both plan to eventually go to medical school. Kirsten is the class president and Jośe is the valedictorian.

The two families suddenly come face to face with two problems. Keira, after finding her birth certificate required for a passport for the trip to Norway, learns the man she thought was her father, isn't. The other crisis is that Kirsten learns she is pregnant. This leads to secrets being kept from one another, further eroding the happiness enjoyed before the problems.

The two families will never be the same, but you'll be turning pages fast to learn how they get through it all. Will the problems tear them apart or bring them closer? You'll want to have tissues close at hand, but, even so, I suspect you'll love the story as much as I do.

The publisher provided a complimentary copy of this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reunion.