Sofia Grey's Reviews > Sheltered

Sheltered by Charlotte Stein

Jul 16, 2012

Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

A hot tattooed biker from the wrong side of the tracks and the ultimate good girl - how could that work?

Evie has seen punk rocker Van buying drugs from the boy next door. Seen him... and been interested. Especially since he's noticed her too.

Evie has a hard enough time at home already. Her mother runs away, leaving her at the mercy of her violently controlling father. Physical and mental abuse is a way of life for her and the idea of taking to any boy should fill her with fear, let alone this hulking creature. But they talk. He's polite and friendly, and little by little, she lets down her barriers.

This novel was intense on so many levels. The growing delicious-yet-forbidden relationship. Evie's constant internal chatter. The very real fear of her father. The risk she took every time she spoke to Van - and his response.

To me, this was damn near perfect. I felt every emotion that Evie did, her hope, her embarassment and the love that she desperately yearned for.

Definitely a 5-star read. I have to say though, the cover is horrible! For once, the cover art bears no resemblance to the contents. Do me a favour. Buy the book, read it and tell your friends this is one time you really shouldn't judge a book by its cover. If you do, you'll miss a gem :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sheltered.

07/17/2012
68.0% "Oh..... I'm gripped. It's tender and emotional, and edge of the seat right now....!"
07/17/2012
100.0% "Lovely!! I didn't want it to finish. Full review to follow :-)"

Tigerlilyreader And????? Is it good????

message 2: by Sofia (last edited Jul 16, 2012 10:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sofia Grey Yes!! Very!! Tender and moving with a hint of danger. Am at 68% and loving it :-)