Tk's Reviews > Little Black Girl Lost

bookshelves: to-read
Recommended to Tk by: My friend Jasmine
Recommended for: 16 years old and up
read count: 4

I loved this book! In the beginnig of the chapter I didn't like it because of the rape session but something about my dislike for this chapter made me want to read on just so I could find out about Johnie reaction of her mom's and Earl's action. Everything was detailed fine. I love how no one in the story had a secret that someone else didn't know about. From her, to her mom, to her brother, and others who surrounded her or Lucas everyone had a problem or a secret and the person who new about their secret helped them in a positive way or a sexual way. I loved how the Author put some history in the book because there really was a RIOT IN NEW ORLEANS.

I'm a junior now in highschool but I was a sophmore when I read this book so I will say this book is not suitable for SOME young adults but if you believe that your child is mature for this book (as for the sex scenes) then it's ok. I will say that this book taught me something and that is that you should never judge someone by what they do because you never know what was done to them for them ending up being a prositute, drug dealer, drug user and etc.

To end off the thing I loved the most was how this book shows how a 15 year old girl who was force to be grown by doing the grown thing carried herself well and she had to become stronger and smarter than the people who did her wrong just so she could make it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Black Girl Lost.