Crystal's Reviews > Reunion

Reunion by Lauraine Snelling

Jul 18, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, for-review, netgalley, 2012, read-july-2012
Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

I read Reunion in one day. Started it mid-afternoon, finished it before bed. That should pretty much say it all. Once I started, I had to finish it. And wow, what an enjoyable book.

The characters, Kiera, her husband Bjorn, her brother Marcus and his wife and Kiera's best friend Leah were all wonderful. Kiera and Leah played the starring roles in the book alongside Kirsten, Leah's 17-year-old daughter. Each character was masterfully developed from the beginning. I got to know Kiera, Leah, Kirsten and even Marcus, Bjorn and Jose a little bit. But the main characters were developed in such a way that I felt like I understood them and understood their motivations. I like it when I can understand and relate to a character, even when the characters are older and younger than me as they were in this book.

The overall book was made up of several plots wove together to make up the book as as a whole. And the plots were wove together masterfully. I liked seeing each story come to life, the trials and tribulations, the tests of faith. The twists and turns and the things I thought would happen that didn't and the things that I didn't expect, did. Ms. Snelling has created a compelling plot with Reunion by using problems that everyday people have to face head-on and dealing with the what-ifs in a way that brings the story to life in front of my eyes and makes me feel like I know each one of the characters like they are my best friend.

Reunion is an amazing book. A rare find that really tackles life's problems but still leaves you feeling upbeat in the end. I loved this book and I am so glad I got the chance to read and review it. It is a rare gem that should be enjoyed by readers that are intrigued by it. So if it sounds the least bit appealing to you, I suggest you go out and get it. I don't think you will regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reunion.