Melissa's Reviews > Sleeping Roses

Sleeping Roses by RaShelle Workman

Jul 13, 15

bookshelves: kindle-freebie, do-not-recommend
Read in July, 2012

This book was free on Amazon and because the plot sounded interesting and the author is from where I'm from, I decided to download it. I loved reading about the area I grew up in and the author is very descriptive. While the mystery was really unique and intriguing, the author gave away too many clues and unfortunately, I figured the plot twist out in the first few chapters. There were also A LOT of typos and grammatical errors that made me want to chuck the book across the room.

There was a little bit of swearing and violence, but probably the most awkward thing in the book was that the author made one of the minor characters gay. There aren't many details given about the character's life, but it just didn't make sense with the ending of the story and I couldn't figure out why the author decided to go this route. It just made the story uncomfortable in spots and like I said I couldn't quite figure out where this character came from in the end.

I think that this could have been a much better story. The premise was really unique and the mystery was good too. There were just too many issues I had with the book for me to recommend it. Frankly, I finished the book out of pure stubbornness to see if all my presumptions were correct and for the most part they were

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Roses.

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy careful when u slag typos and spelling... people in glass houses etc etc... no such word as ALOT mate

Melissa Sandy wrote: "careful when u slag typos and spelling... people in glass houses etc etc... no such word as ALOT mate" Thanks for catching that! Guess I've got to be able to take what I can dish. ;)

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Enjoy ur day

Emma Lol couldn't believe Sandy P's comment... There's a big difference between a review posted on a website and a book that is published with the main aim of it selling to the masses. You expect one of these to payout for professional book services. Shame on you Melissa for not hiring a proofreader and editor for your goodread review! /sarcasm :)