KrisTris (KC)'s Reviews > Tatiana and Alexander

Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons

Another beautifully written, 5 star read! The second installment in TBH series did not disappoint. Granted, much of it was filled with struggle, heartache, and tension, but it did not lack the eternal love and persistent hope generated in the first book.

The character development was huge, especially in Tatiana's case. She showed a remarkable growth in maturity; so much that, at times, I missed the former, more carefree Tania. I found it difficult to see Tatiana in such a massive state of longing for a large part of the book; she was just existing as time passed her by...But her strength would always prevail, and what she was able to accomplish was admirable.

Alexander was faced with struggles that no man should ever have to endure, and my heart continued to ache for him. There were a lot of flashbacks in this book, which allowed us to get to know who Alexander was before meeting Tania- all the way back to his not so fortunate childhood.

This book is a captivating continuation to the astounding relationship of Tatiana and Alexander. To be honest, I wasn't sure how to rate this at first because it caused me so much heartache. But I realized that if something inspires me to the extent in which this book has, whether happy or sad- it warrants five stars all the way!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tatiana and Alexander.

07/22/2012 page 273
47.0% "GRRR...So much work lately is leaving me little time to read! But, I'm slowly getting there and my heart is STILL breaking to pieces for Tatiana and Alexander. Hopefully, some relief is on its way!" 5 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rachel Zylstra Keep a box of tissues close by.

KrisTris (KC) I know! I heard this is more emotional than the first--Didn't think that was possible!!

Natalie You'd be surprised......

Natalie Can't wait for the review...

Sylvia Exactly how I felt *sighs*

message 6: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill Made me want to read it!

KrisTris (KC) Bill wrote: "Made me want to read it!"

Thanks, Bill! Be sure to start with book one of the trilogy, "The Bronze Horseman"...if you do decide to read. :)

message 8: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill Thanks. I will

message 9: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill I just downloaded it!

message 10: by KrisTris (KC) (last edited Jul 27, 2012 12:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

KrisTris (KC) Oh boy! You're in for it! Just know that it's not a happy, light or fun read. There- I said it so u can't be mad at me if u hate it lol! Can't wait to see what u think. Enjoy!

Rachel Zylstra Love your review :)

KrisTris (KC) Thanks, Rachel! Im almost finished with third book and im already getting sad and missing the characters! I've spent so much time reading about them, i feel like i know them!

Rachel Zylstra I know, I felt the same way when I was coming to the end of the third book. It's so sad saying good-bye to characters you love.