Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .'s Reviews > Avoiding Responsibility

Avoiding Responsibility by K.A. Linde

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, drama, romance, adult-steamy
Read from July 16 to 18, 2012, read count: 1

My oh My! This read deserves a definite 4.5 !!!

Review:
I've read some truly exceptional books in the past few months and I have to say, this one ranks right up there with the best of them. The range of emotions I experienced while reading this left me drained and vulnerable. I experienced everything from excitement, humor, dread and curiosity. Many times I cringed, having to put the book down just so I could collect my thoughts in order to carry on to the next chapter.

This books was so well written. The authors fluidity from past to present left no question as to where you were in the story. The writing style was captivating, drawing you in and keeping you glued to your seat til the eventful end.

The characters and their situations left me gasping in shock and the constant revelations through out the story were mind-blowing. I had a real love hate going on for the quartet-some. Lexi was disturbingly indecisive most of the time but I could definitely see her character growth from Avoiding Commitment to this book. She knew what she wanted and tried endlessly to set her mind to getting it but she kept getting in her own way. But it was her fortitude that redeemed her in my eyes. She came into her own in this part of the story and though I still think she has a long road ahead of her, she's definitely going in the right direction. Ramsey... humm.. steamy, sincere, bold Ramsey.. he was full of mistakes as well as contrition in this book but his one constant was his feelings for Lexi and it only endeared him further to me. Jack... oh my.. what can I say about handsome, charming, deceitful, antagonistic Jack and be polite. Jack is still an ass! ;) Bekah... ugg, dont get me started on that evil winch! Jack and Bekah deserve whatever unhappiness life brings them.

Ehhh...
What kept me from giving this read a full 5 stars is all the internal monologue. Lexi was constantly over thinking everything and we, the reader, were bombarded with a continuous string of emotional ranting that I felt could have been culled down a bit to keep from distracting the reader from the events unfolding in the scene. It got very confusing and hard to keep up with what was going on. Maybe I was just to excited to see what was going to happen next and being completely impatient. And thats the great thing about re-reads, which I will absolutely being doing with this series!

Conclusion:
I really hope there is a book three. I've read somewhere that the author is working on the material but there's been no talk of a release date. I really need a conclusion to this emotional, exciting, tragic, impassioned roller coaster ride! I HAVE to know how things worked out for these characters. Lexi, Ramsey, Jack, Bekah, Chyna, Adam and even Parker.

Side Note:: I LOVED the shout out to my favorite fictional band, the D-Bags from Seattle! Kellan Kyle is YUMMY...sorry Kiera!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avoiding Responsibility.

message 1: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls so how are you liking it? am i gonna love it? ;)

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "so how are you liking it? am i gonna love it? ;)"

Im only about 50 pages into this one but so far so good! Im really enjoying this series. Book one was pretty darn good too. Its a messed up story though... I mean the heroin, Lexi, just keeps coming back for more and more heartache. Its sad to watch but I think both of these are right up you're ally ;) I hope you can get to them soon!

message 3: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls i really have no rime or reason as to what i read and when i read it. major reading ADD!! LOL!

Dominique good luck guys these books almost put me into cardiac arrest

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "i really have no rime or reason as to what i read and when i read it. major reading ADD!! LOL!"

I know what you mean. I try to set a structured reading list but it all blows out the door when suggestions are made or people are excited about a book and I just HAVE to be in on the conversation.. lol.. so there goes my nice little structured list and its all over the place! But I like it that way ;)

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Dom wrote: "good luck guys these books almost put me into cardiac arrest"

I had to take a break... its KILLING me how back and forth Lexi is being.. that girl NEEDS to get away from all the indecision and make a commitment to get her life in order... she's trying but then she just lets Jack suck her back in! Im at the part in this book where they are at the strip club and all that commitment to getting her life back on track just flew out the window at seeing Jack... I was like OMG..WTF?!? *sigh*

Dominique HA! read my review for the 1st book u'll see how serious i am bout these nutty/bitchy/retarded/assholeish/dumbass characters

Karen Dom wrote: "good luck guys these books almost put me into cardiac arrest"

Awesome!!!! I love these kind of books!!! I'll read them next!!

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Dom wrote: "HA! read my review for the 1st book u'll see how serious i am bout these nutty/bitchy/retarded/assholeish/dumbass characters"

Haha.. I just read it and commented.. wow, now tell me how you really feel.. LOL! I get it though.. I feel the EXACT same way.. I had so many WTF moments while reading the first one and I already know just from what I've read of book two so far, that I'm gonna need a new Nook by the time Im done.. I'll have thrown it and stomped on it.. LOL!

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Karen wrote: "Dom wrote: "good luck guys these books almost put me into cardiac arrest"

Awesome!!!! I love these kind of books!!! I'll read them next!!"

I highly suggest it.. Emotional roller coaster for sure!

Dominique HERE THIS IS FROM THE AUTHOR

some of them, yes. Go to my facebook page K.A. Linde: http://www.facebook.com/pages/KA-Lind...

I have some links and threads there that talk about them. Here are a few ideas:

Lexi -- http://pinterest.com/pin/154529830934...
Bekah -- http://pinterest.com/pin/154529830934...
Jack -- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...
Ramsey -- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Dom wrote: "HERE THIS IS FROM THE AUTHOR

I have some links and threads there that talk about them. Here are a fe..."

I LOVE how she thinks ;) Im a huge Jensen Ackles fan (as in he's my fav tv/movie actor EVER and Im a total Supernatural addict!). I never pictured him as Ramsey but I can definitely see where that would appeal. I love Ian as Jack... yum! ;) The girl she pictures as Bekah looks to sweet. I think of Bekah as resembling someone haughty and snooty with a big ol' dose of vindictiveness. Dislike doesn't even begin to cover what I feel for her.. Ugg!

Dominique hey i pictured lexi having blonde hair with bangs haha not at all how shes described

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Dom wrote: "hey i pictured lexi having blonde hair with bangs haha not at all how shes described"

I think we all have a set picture in our minds about what characters look like and most of the time I disregard pictures or drawings because they never match up to what I envision myself.. I think thats why books-to-movies always disappoint me. Hardly ever do they get it right with what my mind conjures up ;)

Dominique u kno what wasnt a dissapointment with chratcers to me??? the hunger gamess they allf it in my mind

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . I never read the Hunger Games books so I went to the movie with no preconceived concept of what they would look like. I loved the movie and have the books on my ever-expanding TBR list but who knows when I'll actually get to it.. lol..Regardless, I did like who they picked to act in the movie. They all did a fantastic job.

message 17: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls YOU'VE NEVER READ HUNGER GAMES????

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "YOU'VE NEVER READ HUNGER GAMES????"

I know... I suck! ;( LOL!

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . I totally just lost cool points didn't I? *for shame!!!* Im a disgrace to all readers everywhere! LOL!

message 20: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls I'm questioning our friendship LMAO!!!! ;)

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "I'm questioning our friendship LMAO!!!! ;)"

I KNEW it!!! Unconditional friendship only goes so far!! LOL! *shakes head* I should have just agreed and kept my painted hole shut. ;)

message 22: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls You really need to add those to the TOP of your TBR list!!!
The trilogy, especially book 2 was AMAZING!!!!!

Dominique i am also questioning out friendship!!!! how cud u not have read the hunger games?????????? its the best trilogy ever!!!!!

message 24: by Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* (last edited Jul 17, 2012 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . *bows head in shame* Ok, ok... I guess they just got bumped up to the top of my To-Read list ;) I cave so easily to peer pressure! lol..

Dominique Hazel G. ( I ♥ Mr. Grey) *Fifty Shades obsessed* wrote: "*bows head in shame* Ok, ok... I guess they just got bumped up to the top of my To-Read list ;) I cave so easily to peer pressure! lol.."

hahahaha

Dominique u wont be let down i promise they are soooooooo addicting!!! read all three in a week couldn't put em down

message 27: by Juls (last edited Jul 17, 2012 11:39AM) (new) - added it

Juls Dom wrote: "u wont be let down i promise they are soooooooo addicting!!! read all three in a week couldn't put em down"

same here! i devoured them within a week!
fast paced and lots of shocking moments!

Dominique Juls wrote: "Dom wrote: "u wont be let down i promise they are soooooooo addicting!!! read all three in a week couldn't put em down"

same here! i devoured them within a week!
fast paced and lots of shocking m..."

Juls im friending u...we share the hunger game love

message 29: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls got it Dom and accepted :D

message 30: by K.A. (new) - added it

K.A. Linde Great review Hazel! I'm in the process of editing the books, and I've gotten a couple messages about the internal monologue being a bit annoying. I appreciate the feedback and hope to make it a smoother read once it's available for purchase.

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . K.A. wrote: "Great review Hazel! I'm in the process of editing the books, and I've gotten a couple messages about the internal monologue being a bit annoying. I appreciate the feedback and hope to make it a s..."

Wow, thanks! I appreciate you stopping by and reading my review. I was totally captivated by these two books and you can count me at the front of the line to purchase them when they are edited for publication. Im so happy to hear that you are going to get them out there for sale and I wish you much success! I KNOW they will do well. They have circulated through our Fifty's group and we all LOVE them! Good luck!

message 32: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I dont want to start avoiding commitment until avoiding responsibility is available for download somewhere. I can't deal with being an emotional wreck. So can someone please tell me if Avoiding responsibility is available on Ibookstore or Kindle.. Or somewhere?

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Liz wrote: "I dont want to start avoiding commitment until avoiding responsibility is available for download somewhere. I can't deal with being an emotional wreck. So can someone please tell me if Avoiding res..."

Liz, Im not sure when Avoiding Responsibility will be out for publication but I can't imagine it will be to much longer. If I hear anything I'll post it here.