Mari's Reviews > Confessions of an Angry Girl

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Jul 16, 12

Read in July, 2012

Fourteen-year old Rose Zarelli is an angry girl. Why? Because her family has fallen apart since the death of her dad; Because she's having a rough time with all the craziness of high-school life; Because of best friend issues... and boy issues.

I saw this book up for review in Netgalley and was immediately drawn by its cover. I loved how catchy, tough, and contemporary the cover art is. I had misgivings about reading the book when I found out that the MC is only fourteen years old but I was surprised at how much I ended up liking it!

Rose voice is very real - she's can be naive but is also insightful at times. And I can understand how she's driven to anger because of everything that's going on around her. I think she's handled it ok, all things considered. I wasn't entirely sold on the other characters though. They were all a little stereotypical: Tracy, the ditzy, popularity-obsessed best friend; Robert, with the unrequited crush; Regina, the uber mean girl; And Jamie Forta, the hot, mysterious but sort of shady guy. Don't get me wrong, I liked reading about Rose and Jamie but I'm still skeptical about their "relationship". Ha! Maybe I've just grown protective of Rosie and at this point, I'm not entirely sure if Forta is good enough for her.

And that ending! I didn't know this was set out to be the first book in a series so that ending blows! I know I'll be waiting for when Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend comes out.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Angry Girl.