Trish's Reviews > The Collector

The Collector by Victoria Scott

Apr 10, 13

bookshelves: 2013-immortal-reading-challenge, paranormal, new-to-me-author, soul-collector
Read in April, 2013

ARC provided by NetGalley

Review also posted on blog:
http://www.csmaxwell.blogspot.comCS Maxwell ~ Where's My Muse?

First off--the cover rocks! It portrays a young, attractive male with a touch of badness ~ Black shirt, black pants, black arm bands. An ultimate bad boy. I was already aboard the Dante train before it really left the station.

This book is told from Dante's POV, which I am a huge sucker for--he is cocky, funny as hell, and oozes a sexual charm that attracts to those he is hunting. He is a demon.

And right now he's been sent by the Boss Man himself to collect the soul of Charlie Cooper. And yes--it's that Boss Man.

We get a glimpse of Dante's shallowness right off the bat when he catches his first glimpse of Charlie in her bedroom:

She looks like a porcelain doll...beat three times with an ugly stick.

But he makes no apologies for the way he is. He is a collector of souls--and he is just waiting for you to sin.

But somewhere along the way, Dante's perspective is utterly changed when he spends time with Charlie. And this change puts the sexy demon's future in jeopardy.

Dante sees the pureness of Charlie's soul and doesn't want to be the one to cast her into fiery flames of hell for eternity. She is the one light in Dane's hopeless existence. She loves him despite his faults.
But he is keeping a huge secret from Charlie--and that secret will destroy everything.

The Collector is a highly entertaining read written with humorous dialogue to make you laugh out loud.

Mr. Awkward rolls up between us, lights a cigarette, makes himself comfortable. It's the same bastard who shows up after you've bumped uglies with a stranger.

But it also has a romantic sweetness of first love. Dante is that ultimate bad boy turned good guy that young adult readers will gravitate to and keep them coming back for more.

It's her face-- Charlie's face--and in a strange way, I like it the way it is now. Without any changes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Collector.