Cameron's Reviews > The Golden Ratio: The Story of Phi, the World's Most Astonishing Number

The Golden Ratio by Mario Livio

Feb 24, 09

bookshelves: documentary-biography
Read in February, 2009

I know it is very strange that I was reading a book about Math but this was really cool. This number and ratio are talked about in the book "The Da Vinci Code" and I thought it was interesting in that book. when I saw a friend of mine reading this book I thought I would give it a try. It is amazing to think about how this number comes up so often in so many different things such as math, geometry, architecture, art, Music and even poetry (though I did not understand that part). There are many times where he goes over formulas and things but they did not make much sense to me but you don't need to be a math genius to comprehend this book. I am horrible at math but I thought this book was very thought provoking. The very last chapter is called "Is God a Mathematician?" Even though he does not argue a point if there is a god or not he states that if there is a god he must be a mathematician because these math numbers keep coming up all over the place and everything in the universe is very organized. To me this showed that if there is a watch (order) their must be a watchmaker (God). I would recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Ratio.