Taria Reed's Reviews > Taking a Shot

Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

I always feel some sort of way when I get a straight romance story that just floats along. I honestly need more conflict in a story. I enjoyed the characters althought I did have a hard time picturing their faces, but that was my own fault. I loved Ty. He was such a cool sexy guy. I would have LOVED to come across a guy like him in my friskier youth. And the cover image was so damn helpful during those sex scenes...lol. I also realized with this book that I enjoy when the characters in my books engage in dirty talk...lol. Who knew I would have that come to light after 300+ books....lol.

This is a story of boy meets girl, girl tries to push boy away, but boy and girl have hot chemistry and amazing sex together. Girl has a few hangups, boy is unbelievably patient and sweet while girl gets her shit together. Some stuff happens then boy and girl declair their love for each other and life is great.

There is no real drama in this book and for some that is ok. I'm not saying I need dead bodies piling up but there has to be SOMETHING other than "a character getting in their own" way going on.

Story - 3 (asside from the lack of real conflict the story was enjoyable)
Narrator - 3

The narrator didn't suck, but she wasn't great. I enjoyed her voice but she made some of the dialog sound way cheesier than it was probably intended when Jaci Burton wrote it. Some of the dirty talk during the sex scenes just sounded like she was going through the paces and all i could do was imagine how the delivery would have come across with some of my favorite narrators and I got through it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking a Shot.