Christina Rodriguez's Reviews > Fragile

Fragile by M. Leighton

Jul 25, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from July 20 to 23, 2012

Tonight, you got your miracle. The day I saw you, sitting with Mila in the park, I got mine."

M. Leighton weaved a beautiful story with an amazing 100% swoon-worthy guy. Hardy Bradford is the new hottie on the block!

Hardy Bradford has life all planned out. He is a great football player, had a popular beautiful girlfriend, friends, and a bright future. But Hardy soon realizes is that he doesn't want any of the above. The football scholarship, the popular girlfriend, and bright future as a football player isn't his dream. Its someone else.

His dream comes in the form of a sweet green eyed beauty. With just a glimpse of her in the park Hardy is forever changed. Months later when she walks into his classroom Hardy knows that he would do anything to get to know her. Miracle St. James is his miracle.

Miracle St. James has a different view of life. She has been through alot in life and has learned to value every moment she has. Good and Bad. She doesn't let anyone ruin her. Not a jealous upset girlfriend, not an angry father, but most of all, not a sickness.

As Hardy starts to hang around Miracle he finally is able to stop living for others and live for himself. With Miracle he can be truly himself. Not someone his father wants him to be. Miracle understands him. Miracle can read him like a book. Miracle shows him the value of life and how to be a better person. Hardy would do anything to protect her and show her that he loves her more then anything in his life. She is his dream come true.So when Hardy is faced with the ultimate test he is dead set on protecting and saving the one person that it would hurt to lose. But will it all in vain? Will Hardy have to deal with the lose of his "Miracle"?

I cannot express how much I loved this book! Many people will compare it to A Walk to Remember and even with its similarities, this book will bury itself into your heart. It is mostly about Hardy and his journey and is told from a 3rd person point of view. You will fall in love with him and will melt with each word and each gesture of his. It might be an insta-love, and although I dislike those books, this story is so much more. This is about a guy finding the real meaning on life, not only through love but through the eyes of someone that values life and all its good and bad.

I highly recommend this book to any romance reader,any A Walk to Remember fan and any person that just wants to read a good book about love and life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fragile.

Quotes Christina Liked

M. Leighton
“Tonight, you got your miracle. The day I saw you, siting with Mila in the park, I got mine.”

M. Leighton
“I don't want you to be afraid of dying. All those people have survived cancer. You just watched hundreds of reasons to have hope drift off into the sky.”

M. Leighton
“Someday I'll marry you, Miracle. And maybe someday after that, I'll deserve you.”

M. Leighton
“She smiled at and spoke to each person. It was as though she couldn't come into contact with anyone or anything without imparting some of her goodness onto them.”

M. Leighton
“I don't want to die," she repeated, her voice trembling. "I want to live. I want to live life with all its emotions, all its experiences. I don't want to miss anything. But i feel like i will. I feel like i'm living on borrowed time.”
M. Leighton, Fragile

07/20/2012 "My first M. Leighton book so i'm excited!"
07/20/2012
30.0% "wow can I adore Hardy and Miracle more! :-)"
07/23/2012
72.0% "Wow! I want my own Hardy! The pink balloons was the sweetest most loving gesture ever!"