Ioana's Reviews > Summoning the Night

Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett

10420661
Jun 03, 13

bookshelves: demons-vamps-and-all-that, loved-it, magic, romance, my-reviews, urban-fantasy
Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

Every bit as good as the first book!

Apparently it is entirely possible to write a good book without relying on a love triangle for dramatic effect and unecessary problems in an otherwise perfect relationship. Also, apparently it's entirely possible of bringing the reader up to speed on events from the previous book without having 4 first chapters full of repetitions.

I swear, if I didn't know any better, I'd be saying I've been reading the wrong kinds of books so far.

Summoning the Night has the same superb writing Bennett has displayed in the first installment. It's fun, engaging and really, really good.

Even though the characters make this book, there's still a plot and a good one too. Unexpected twists and a couple of oh-shit moments.

Cady and Lon. They're so good together and their banter is very entertaining and sweet. As for Jupe, he steals every scene he's in.
I loved the idea of solving cases working like a family, combining their strengths. It showed that Arcadia isn't one of those omnipotent heroines, which is fine with me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summoning the Night.

07/16/2012 ""That was an awful lot of proverbial dick—we were so going to eat there." Bahahahahahahaha"