Bri's Reviews > Fall For You

Fall For You by Cecilia Gray

Jul 16, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, retelling, ya-romance
Read on July 16, 2012, read count: 1

Fall for You was the most adorable contemporary romance short story I have come across in a while, and with the perfect dash of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice elements added, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Whether you happen to be a fan of the wonderful Jane Austen or not, there are so many things to appreciate about this Pride and Prejudice retelling. It was truly a fluffy, fun read, and Gray does a wonderful job incorporating a vast amount of emotions and drama in a 100 page story. I was captivated from the very beginning to the very end, and I cannot wait for the second installment in this series!

I loved all the characters. There is Lizzie (aka Elizabeth), Dante (aka Mr. Darcy- the teenage version!), Anne, Emma, Edward, Georgiana, etc… you get the picture. Oh, these names are so very 18th century England! Lizzie is very much a modern day Elizabeth, with a strong desire for knowledge and success and a quick wit. She is a rather complex character, and I loved her curiosity and drive to know everything. Dante is very reminiscent of Mr. Darcy, and similar to Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth’s first encounter, Dante slights Lizzie. However, he comes to know who Lizzie actually is, and I loved seeing him slowly fall for her. Together, they are an adorable and squee-worthy couple, and I love them every bit as much as I love Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.

Oh, I could continue to gush and swoon about this book, but I do not think that would be necessary. I might be a bit biased with this read since I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan and tend to love anything that is influenced from her work (save Pride and Prejudice and Zombies…that was just bad). Cecilia Gray has definitely made a fan out of me and I am eager to see what she has in store for us next!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall For You.