David's Reviews > Redhead

Redhead by Ian  Cook

Oct 08, 12

bookshelves: giveaways-first-read, thriller, fantasy
Read from October 07 to 08, 2012

I received a signed copy of this book through Goodreads first reads. At first I wasn't going to bother the title 'Redhead' put me off but I read the details and realised this would be a book that if done right I could really enjoy.

And enjoy it I did. I would give the book a 4.5 if the system allowed. It is unusual for me to read a book so quickly but as I got into it instantly and was eager to find out what happened so picked it up every chance I had over a couple of days.

The first chapter, set in 1921, builds excitement right away and pulled me in. The rest of the book, back to the present day, sees some well designed characters and although they are all over the world very quickly the characters and their relationships develop nicely. This makes the story better as I felt like I got to know the characters well rather than the empty shell that happens quite often. The descriptions are great too and the scenes certainly came to life in my mind pulling me further into the book.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, even if they don't like sci-fi/horror genre I am sure they would still enjoy it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redhead.

10/07/2012 page 24
10/07/2012 page 113
31.0% "Well this is great so far!"
show 2 hidden updates…