Stacy's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: netgalley
Read from July 24 to 25, 2012

I gave it 3.5 stars

I seem to be doing this a lot lately but I read DEMON HUNTING IN THE DEEP SOUTH before realizing it was the second book of the Demon Hunting series. Honestly I had no clue, there were some instances where characters refereed to some stuff that might have happened in a previous installment but I was never lost and felt the the story as a stand alone was good.

Evie has amnesia when it comes to her past with Ansgar but you quickly realize that they were made for each other and are better people together. There was some lost relationship building due to it being book 2 but If I had read book 1 I wouldn't have felt like that so I wont deduct stars for that purpose alone. I enjoyed the secondary characters, it was my first time meeting them of course but I had no trouble feeling like I got to know them. I really enjoyed Brand, Ansgar's brother and Addy, Evie's best friend and might go back and read DEMON HUNTING IN DIXIE just to read their story. There was a nice bit of Demon fighting action towards the end but most of the book was investigating and trying to figure out how to prove that Evie didn't kill her bosses wife. I enjoyed watching Evie come out of her shell as the story progressed and there was a great amount of humor thrown in around every corner.

DEMON HUNTING IN THE DEEP SOUTH was a fun, easy read. Lexi did hint at what might be coming in future books. I think I have a good idea who the book might a involve and I would continue the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.