Pamela's Reviews > Fearless

Fearless by Francine Pascal

F 50x66
Nov 05, 2008

The book I finished reading is called Fearless by Francine Pascal. It’s a nonfiction book. Its main central idea is how a girl named Gaia overcomes and goes though life without the fear gene. This means that she can’t ever be scared or be feared or have a fear of anything.
Gaia is the main character in the book. She feels like an outsider because of being born without this gene. It doesn’t really bother her because she likes being different. Only her mom and dad know this about her .She lives in New York and likes going to the park with this boy that she likes named Ed who’s handicap. They like going to the park to play chess with each other and their close friend Zolov.There have been many horrible incidents at this park that Gaia’s been involved in, and this is how Ed finds out she’s different. Then an incident occurs that Gaia’s been involved in and she regrets it ever happened.
I really enjoyed this book because its different then any other book I’ve read. I also enjoyed this book because it shows how you can be different, but also have some advantages. What I really liked most about this book is that it has little sections in it that look like she’s writing in a diary. For example on page 54 its says” There is this other freakish thing about me. I’ve never told any one. I’d be way to humiliated” this is written in a diary formed way and its cool because you can know what she thinks and feels about things.
I would recommend this book to teenage girls, especially if you’re a teenage girl who thinks being different is a problem because this book really shows how its alright. This is also a drama filled book so if you like books with drama twist in it then you should read this book. Also if you like the book Gossip Girl, because of the drama then you like this book to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Are you sure this is nonfiction?