Judie's Reviews > The Last Plantagenets

1041952
Nov 05, 2008

bookshelves: history
Read in November, 2008

I truly love his historical books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Plantagenets.

message 1: by ROSALIE (new)

ROSALIE Oh Wow!! That's the one I want to read but I've been so distracted lately. I'm really working on finishing Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks so I can get to The Four Queens.

So where does this one go and where does it finish? I'm very excited to read it. I'll have to find it at the library and then, sometime soon, I'm going shopping in the used section of Barnes&Noble online. It's so exciting that you got it done. Yipee!! Congratulations!!

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy I've never read any of his books, but I hear he's a great author. I actually have The Silver Chalice. Is that a good starting book for his works? Sandy Q

Judie The Silver Chalice is fiction. Actually, I read his novels before I found the historical stuff. I haven't finished the four books, because I had to skip around. However, I broke down and sent for a used set, which should he here any day now. This one ended with Richard II (not sure if 2 or 3), I think. The one accused of murdering his two nephews. Costain goes into great detail explaining why that is very unlikely. Anyway, it was interesting, as usual. He writes history into a good story. Not a dull moment. I think I need to try the four queens too. I think I read the silver chalice years ago. I started with the black rose.