Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Eden's Root

Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher

Jul 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012-must-reads, atomr-book-tours
Read in July, 2012

Eden's Root is one of those books that will leave you speechless and stay with you for a very long time. Thank you AToMR Tours for allowing me to be on this tour. Eden's Root grabs you right from the beginning and holds you right to the very end. It had me thinking about all the people who say that things like that food is poison don't eat it. The truth is you never know what you are eating and where it came from unless you killed it yourself or you grew it yourself.

Fi is one of those characters that I loved right away because she is a strong Heroine. We get to see her grow from this shy child really to a strong girl. Her father is dying from the illness that is spreading from eating the food and he is holding a secret from his family. Once he reveals the secret to Fi she has to become the adult and grow up in order to save her family. Along the way Fi has to learn things and takes theses tasks very seriously so her family will survive. When she is faced with life or death she chooses life for her and her family.

When she finds out the government knows about the food making people sick she is mad. She does not understand why they would allow this to happen. All she knows is that her father trusted her to get her family to a safe haven and she will stop at nothing to get there. This is one of those stories that gets you thinking about all the food we eat and if this world could really become real for us in the future. Fi will experience things and learn things along the way that will make her stronger and become a fighter. She will also find love in this impossible task. At the end of the day the age old questions come into play and those are Who do you trust? and will she make it to the promise land?

Come along for a great read. This book had me up till 4am in the morning because I could not put it down. I needed to know if she made it and what lay ahead of her. Her second book Seeds of War comes out today. Happy Reading!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eden's Root.